For my 21st birthday, one of my good friends gave me this little diary filled with recipes and menu ideas…and I’ve been waiting for the chance to finally use one of the recipes! This last weekend I finally got my chance, and made this warm wintery roast cauliflower salad. Roast cauliflower is delicious any way you choose to eat it, but this particular combination was perfect.
Roast Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad
Adapted from ‘Foodies’ Diary 2013′
1 red onion quartered
1 can chickpeas
2-3 tomatoes quartered
2 by leaves
1/2 tbsp ground cumin
salt and pepper
1. Cut cauliflower into florets and toss in olive oils, cumin and salt and pepper.
2. In a roasting pan, combine cauliflower, tomatoes, red onion and bay leaves.
3. Roast in oven for approx 20 mins, until beginning to brown.
4. Meanwhile, thoroughly rinse chickpeas and marinate in a combination of vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
5. Once cauliflower has begun to brown, add chickpeas to roasting pan and roast until cooked through.
6. Pile onto a platter and sprinkle liberally with chopped parsley.